4 nights in Sorrento, 1 night in Matera, 2 nights in Alberobello, 1 night in Caserta
Day 1 – Naples – Sorrento: Arrive at Naples airport and pick up of your rental car. Drive to your hotel in Sorrento for an afternoon at your leisure. Overnight
Day 2 – Sorrento (Amalfi Coast): Drive along the stunning Amalfi Coast to the town of Amalfi. The drive passes through many beautiful villages including the famous Positano, Praiano, Vietri, Minori. Time to stop for fantastic views of the coast. Overnight .
Day 3 – Sorrento (Capri): Full day for the excursion to Capri and Anacapri with hydrofoil (Included in the package). You can visit the Blue Grotto (subject to weather conditions), go to Anacapri where you can walk through the square and shopping area or visit the Augustus Gardens with a view of the Faraglioni. Return to Sorrento and overnight.
Day 4 – Sorrento (Path of Gods): This day you don’t want to miss a hike on the Path of God (or Sentiero degli Dei in Italian). A spectacular clifftop trail above the Amalfi Coast. In the evening “Typical dining experience with cooking demo” (included). Overnight
Day 5 – Sorrento – Pompei – Matera: Drive to Pompeii, the famous Roman City destroyed by the volcanic eruption of Mount Vesuvius in 79AD (entrance tickets included). After a visit of the excavations transfer to Matera, City of the Sassi, a Unesco World Heritage site. The Sassi caves conceal the capital of the peasants, its heart hidden in their ancient civilization. Anyone who sees Matera cannot help but be awe-struck, so expressive and touching is its sorrowful beauty. Overnight
Day 6 – Matera – Locorotondo- Alberobello: Drive into Puglia for a stop in Locorotondo to taste one of the best wines of the region, Then drive to Alberobello, known worldwide for typical houses in Trulli style (Unesco Site). In the afternoon walking tour (included). Overnight
Day 7 – Alberobello (Ostuni and Bari): Drive to Bari where you can visit the famous Santa Nicola Cathedral and the Santa Sabino Cathedral, both located in the old town. In the early afternoon, continue to Ostuni for the visit of this very particular “white” village on the sea. Overnight.
Day 8 – Alberobello – Caserta: Drive back to Campania, to Caserta, where you will visit the fabulous Reggia. The Royal Palace of Caserta is a former royal residence in Caserta, southern Italy, constructed by the House of Bourbon-Two Sicilies as their main residence as kings of Naples. It is the largest palace erected in Europe during the 18th century..
Day 9 – Caserta – Naples: Drive to Naples airport to return your rental car and depart on your flight.
HOTELS FOR THIS ITINERARY
|SORRENTO||Hotel Rivage||Hotel Continental|
|MATERA||Hotel del Campo||Hotel del Campo|
|ALBEROBELLO||Grand Hotel Olimpo||Grand Hotel Olimpo|
|CASERTA||Hotel Villa Maria Cristina||Hotel Villa Maria Cristina|
- Accommodations in double rooms in the hotel mentioned or of similar category and type
- daily breakfasts in hotel
- Car rental: Compact car for the “BASE” and full size car for the “SUPERIOR”. All mandatory insurances and taxes are included with no deductibles. Where applicable, drop off charges will be paid directly to the car rental (we will inform the cost at the time of the booking)
- activities mentioned as “Included” in the itinerary
- air transportation to and from Italy
- local tourist taxes that are collected directly by the hotels
- tips to drivers and guides (where applicable)
- any service not mentioned in the “price includes”
- the itinerary can be booked with daily departure with a minimum of 2 people traveling together
- most of the itineraries can be also done Nov-Mar, quotes are on request
- during Christmas Holidays and Eastern Holidays, quotes are always on request
- supplements may apply during special events dates
- visits, excursions and activities sometimes do not operate in some days and holidays, itineraries will be changed accordingly
- the itinerary can be modify and any kind of service can be added
- other car categories can be booked. Supplements are on request
- quotes for more than 2 people sharing the car or the rooms are on request