5 nights in Alberobello, 2 nights in Lecce
Day 1 – Bari or Brindisi – Alberobello: Arrive in Bari or Brindisi airport. Pick up your rental car and drive to your hotel in Alberobello. In the afternoon guided walking tour of the city famous for its Trulli (included). Overnight.
Day 2 – Alberobello (Castellana Grotte): Drive to Castellana Grotte for the visit the fantastic Caves that is one of the largest cave systems in Italy, stretching for over two miles, with many areas still unexplored. On the way back make a stop in Locorotondo to taste one of the best wines of the region. Overnight.
Day 3 – Alberobello (Castel del Monte and Bari): Depart for Castel Del Monte. Here you can visit the famous and unique castle, built in an octagonal shape with 8 octagonal towers too (Unesco site). After lunch, you can stop in Bari, where you can visit the famous Basilica of San Nicola and San Sabino Cathedral, both located in the Bari’s old town. Return to hotel and overnight.
Day 4 – Alberobello (Matera): Depart for Matera City of the Sassi, a Unesco World Heritage site. Guided walking tour (included). Anyone who sees Matera cannot help but be awe-struck, so expressive and touching is its sorrowful beauty. For lunch we will suggest a stop in one of the typical agriturismo, where you can taste salami and cheeses produced in the area. Return to the hotel and overnight.
Day 5 – Alberobello (Trani and Barletta): Depart for Trani. Here you can visit the magnificent roman style Cathedral and Svevo’ s Castle. After lunch, you can visit Barletta, a small village famous for it’s Norman Castle. On the way back, you can visit Martina Franca, a very small city with an old baroque style city centre. In the evening “Typical dining experience with cooking demo” (included). Overnight.
Day 6 – Alberobello – Ostuni – Lecce: Drive to Lecce. On the way, you can stop and visit the unique city of Ostuni, also known as “White Ostuni”. Situated on the top of the hill it took its name from the color of the houses which are all painted in white. Drive then to Lecce. Here you will admire the beautiful baroque style buildings including the Sant Oronzo Cathedral, the Celestini Palace and the beautiful churches Santa Irene, Santa Croce and Rosario. You can also see the Roman Amphitheater and Sant Oronzo Square. Overnight.
Day 7 – Lecce (Salento): Day dedicated to the exploration of the Salento. Drive first to Gallipoli. Its historic center, on an island off the mainland, shelters churches like St. Agatha’s Cathedral, with its ornate facade. Nearby, the Church of St. Mary of Purity has a maiolica tiled floor. Across the bridge, on the mainland, is the Greek Fountain, dating from the Renaissance. Drive then to Otranto home to the 15th-century Aragonese Castle and 11th-century Otranto Cathedral, with a rose window and ornate mosaic flooring. At the harbor, Torre Matta tower has sweeping sea views. South is the Punta Palascìa lighthouse. Overnight
Day 8 – Lecce – Bari or Brindisi: Drive to Bari or Brindisi airport to return your rental car and depart on your flight
HOTELS FOR THIS ITINERARY
|ALBEROBELLO||Grand Hotel Olimpo|
- Accommodations in double rooms in the hotel mentioned or of similar category and type
- daily breakfasts in hotel
- Car rental: Compact car for the “BASE” and full size car for the “SUPERIOR”. All mandatory insurances and taxes are included with no deductibles. Where applicable, drop off charges will be paid directly to the car rental (we will inform the cost at the time of the booking)
- activities mentioned as “Included” in the itinerary
- air transportation to and from Italy
- local tourist taxes that are collected directly by the hotels
- tips to drivers and guides (where applicable)
- any service not mentioned in the “price includes”
- the itinerary can be booked with daily departure with a minimum of 2 people traveling together
- most of the itineraries can be also done Nov-Mar, quotes are on request
- during Christmas Holidays and Eastern Holidays, quotes are always on request
- supplements may apply during special events dates
- visits, excursions and activities sometimes do not operate in some days and holidays, itineraries will be changed accordingly
- the itinerary can be modify and any kind of service can be added
- other car categories can be booked. Supplements are on request
- quotes for more than 2 people sharing the car or the rooms are on request